Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I've been rushing around doing various theatre stuff. I'm chasing equipment for Europe, and think I may have caught some. I'm currently on "plan D" for the damn fool equipment, and I really hope I don't have to go to any "plan E" 'cause I don't know what that is. I gotta call a guy this morning to find out when to get the goods. We had a meeting and a run through Sunday night, and now I'm trying to figure out how to light the show with possibly only 8 dimmers.

For the showcase in 116, I've seen 4 out of the 6 plays now. The other 2 directors didn't respond to my emails, so I may just not see a run through. I don't have time to chase directors AND equipment. In between rehearsals Monday, I searched the PAC for useful stuff and pulled some color and templates. I found some useful stuff, but not as much as I would have liked. I saw 2 more rehearsals Tuesday, and tried to get into locked places with no luck. The bitch there is that I have permission to use equipment, I just can't physically get it because SOMEBODY locks everything up. If only Sean D. hadn't turned in his keys, I'd have those dimmers.

Monday morning I helped my dad get a new washing machine into the basement, and take the old one out. My mom finally decided that she needed a new one, since her 30+ yr. old washer wasn't always draining. They got a Whirlpool from Costco for $200. It's so fun to be the one on the downstairs end of the dolly. Once we figured out what we were doing it was fine, but I still have a bruise on my shoulder and A couple red marks where it pinched me. Every time we do something like this my dad gets all wheezy and I worry about him.

No comments: