Monday, July 03, 2006

Missed any fireworks

Yesterday Donald and I got up late and did some house cleaning. Then I bought groceries, made dinner, and then we both dozed off. After we woke up, we decided to watch Battlestar Galactica. I vaguely remember watching reruns of the original on Saturday afternoons with my dad, but I don't remember anything about it except for the theme song. As we were watching and enjoying, Donald said that we'd probably have to stop it soon. It was almost midnight, and I was confused, until I realized that we'd already been watching it for nearly 2 hours. He told me that we were in fact watching the entire miniseries. Oh. Here I was thinking it was just one of those 2 hour opening episodes. But we watched all 3 hours of it. I enjoyed the Firefly cameo at the beginning. :)

Halfway through I was annoyed to find that I barely knew any of the character's names. I prefer it when a show tells you everyone's name without being obvious about it, like in Firefly. I guess it isn't important what their names are, but I hope to pick them up as we watch more.

At one point I heard booms and went outside to look for fireworks. I didn't see them. I love fireworks, but this weekend I just had no motivation to leave the house to see any. I must be mentally scarred from that time at the river when the display malfunctioned and we drove all the way back home after 2 minutes of show. I wonder if there will be any tomorrow, even though it's in the middle of the week. I might be more motivated then.

5 comments:

Robyn said...

yeah- the miniseries just keeps going

Tom Cavnar said...

There's a Firefly cameo in the BSG miniseries? Where? I love that show, and I guess I totally missed the cameo!

Cheers from tha O.C.

-Tom

Margaret said...

Yeah, it's near the beginning of the miniseries. At the beginning of the scene when the Secretary of Education chick is being told she has cancer, you can see a Firefly fly past in the sky out the window. It's small, but definitely a firefly!

Anonymous said...

You could always come to Theatre in the Park, there will be a big Johnson County fireworks display at intermission!

Sean

Margaret said...

Man, I bet that's one hell of a show. We all know the Johnson County types have lots of cash monies.