Monday, July 17, 2006

the weekend beer report

As described to me by Donald:

Fat Tire: "Pretty good."
St. Pauli Girl: "Tastes like liquid skunk."

So there you have it, folks!

Saturday we started the day with a good old fashioned trip to Country Kitchen. It was mostly okay, but I like Chubby's better. The CK breakfast buffet didn't have any of those little donuts any more. :( Then we wandered around town checking out video game type stores. Robyn got a great price on a Gamecube. We left about 1:30. The people on I-70 drive like nuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who think you should drive 65 or anything. But when I'm going just under 80, (that's nearly 10 over,) and getting passed on the right, that's just silly. We got to Columbia in plenty of time to check in to our hotel and take naps before getting dressed for the wedding.

The wedding was very nice. The wedding party all looked great in their finery. The tux place even managed to give Mike a coat that fit this time. The coffeehouse where the whole shindig was looked like a place I'd enjoy hanging out. I think I got some really great pictures, especially during the ceremony. I didn't plan to spend the whole ceremony on camera duty, but it just happened that way. I supposed some photographer instinct kicked in or something! Donald looked a little pissed that I didn't sit by him. Sorry, dear. There was a better view a few seats over. :) The reception was fun too. Many tasty food items were consumed, and a lot of free beer. None of us got drunk, but I can't say the same for Jim's family. They were damned happy.

Sunday we met Jim and Amy at Ihop. It was nice to sit and talk with just the two of them after the relative chaos of the wedding and reception. We really will have to get together again soon. The drive home was uneventful. As usual, I was glad to sleep in my own bed again. :)

Today and tomorrow I'm going back for more dinosaur goodness. So to speak. This heat is getting ridiculous. My ForecastFox toolbar is showing me two angry looking red thermometers. It's supposed to be around 100ยบ all week. Ugh! Did I mention the humidty? I wish it wasn't so dirty in the basement. It's gloriously cool down there.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

The angry red thermometers scare me

Margaret said...

Also, the little red stop sign with an exclamation point. "Rarrgh, heat!!"