Friday, July 21, 2006

Pick up the damn phone people

I wish people would TELL ME when I'm supposed to work for them and the plan changes. Specifically, PAYING work, that I now don't have. I wonder how much money I didn't make this summer because of this.

In May, I was told that I was needed to assist at the Unicorn for several days. So I show up at 10 on the day I was told to, and he's surprised to see me. Well, this is when you told me to be here! I didn't hear otherwise, so I showed up to work, and you were going to pay me to do so! I even turned down other work because I'd be in your tech. So now I look stupid, having shown up at a tech where I'm not needed, at a place where I somehow always feel like they all look at me like I don't belong anyway, then turn around and leave. Thanks. No paycheck this time.

On Monday, I worked at the dinosaur restaurant, then we planned when to go back the next day, so I left my tools there. Tuesday morning, Alex tells me that the guy says he only needs one person. Thanks asshat, you could have told us that last night. Now Alex has my tools and I need to call him to get them back. Money evaporates.

Today, I call the guy who I was supposed to work for tonight and tomorrow, since I hadn't heard from him all week. He says the thing has been pushed back a week, and can I still work then? No, I can't. I have a show to load in and a wedding to go to. But thanks for telling me before today! I'm happy to have my weekend back, but there goes another paying job.

I would just like it if the people I'm working for would keep the people working for them up to date, dammit. It seems like common courtesy.

No comments: