Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Yesterday I quit procrastinating and worked on my damn plot. I got a lot done. I worked several hours in late morning /early afternoon. Another strike against getting up in the morning: The bright sun makes it hard to see my monitor.

Donald and I went out in the afternoon to do an errand or 2, and get coffee. This was a mixed success, since I wanted to go to the Post Office and they were closed. Holidays, I guess. The barista at Muddy's commented on our presence so early in the day. It is always odd to be there in the daytime. :) We played some cards, I got Donald a card game called Phase 10 for x-mas. I had played it years ago with relatives, and it was pretty fun. It'll be much much better with more than 2 people, though. It's also odd to go the the coffeehouse, hang around for awhile, and come home on a weekday before Donald would have even gotten home.

Random coffeehouse experience: A middle aged couple and 2 small kids were sitting at the table next to us. They all got drinks, I heard the boy (about 7 yrs) order decaf. I thought they had given the little girl (maybe 2-3 yrs) a 16 oz mocha, but I eventually came to realize that it was chocolate milk. The boy proceeded to dump about a cup of sugar into his drink as the dad watched. Into his DECAF. I thought it was odd that a kid that small was drinking coffee at all. And more odd that his father let him pour a cavity and a half in.

After we went home, fully caffeinated, I worked diligently for several more hours on the plot. Then I played Morrowind until 2am. :D Willpower, o yeah.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I tried to go to the post office, too. That pissed me off.