Thursday, May 18, 2006

Oh god, so tired

Yesterday I went to Union Station at 2pm to strike Harry and/or hang lights for KCAT. We finished the strike part by 7:15, when I switched from Rep payroll to KCAT payroll after a dinner break. Then it got stupid. We were moving right along, hanging lights at a brisk pace, with 2 genies and the scaffold, until Lightbulb Changer McTakesOurLift came and took one Genie Lift away, never to be seen again.

Long story short, this was a huge plot, and it took for-ever to hang. I talked to Donald at 2:30am or so, and he sarcastically asked if we were hanging every light in the place. I was forced to reply yes, and 30 or so rental lights. So holy crap, we left at 5AM. Yes, the mf'ing sun was coming up as I drove home. It was truly ridiculous, but not nearly as bad as it could have been, since I was on the clock from 2pm to 5am, minus a half hour for lunch. I think I'm still half delirious, because I'm having trouble typing and spelling. Sigh! (dollars, yay)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a TTIP kind of schedule!

-S

Heather K said...

Oh dear theatre Jesus!!!!